Get Up, and Get Moving....

An opportunity for people of serious and orthodox Catholic faith of the Archdiocese of Milwaukee to share the means to improve their own Churches.

Name:
Location: near Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Sorry for the delay....

Hi all. Sorry I have been quiet for a couple of weeks....well, if I have nothing worth saying, it is probably better to be quiet.

The new version of the Catholic Stewardship Appeal premiered today. Pretty much the same old, same old. But, at least it seems that the certified touch therapist of last year has not be kept on. I wonder who she touched the wrong way?

I was looking at the CSA annual poster in the back of my church. There is no version on the web. Next time you go to your parish and see the poster, ask yourself..."Is the nun in the second frame whipping me the bird?"

As for looking over this year's list of ministries supported...nothing has really changed at all. What else would we expect, bold change? LOL! I do have to ask, why are Catholic Charities and St. Francis Seminary included here, and each has their own develoment offices and fundraisers? Could it be that poor people and seminarians (as questionable as either diocesan ministry my be on occasion) make for easy fundraising. With those pictures up front, it is easy to get and divert money to the "Office for Women."

In closing, two not-so-rhetorical questions:

Which city of Waukesha pastor got arrested for drunk driving, for the second time, shortly after Christmas?
Which priest, who works for Archbishop Dolan, in the same hall as his office, has been arrested for lewd behaviors in public?

Oh well, when it rains...

4 Comments:

Blogger Dad29 said...

Well, if I knew which priests have offices in the same hallway as the Abp., I could give you a VERY good guess.

You aren't talking about older offenses, are you? Like mor than 5 years old?

Monday, February 13, 2006 11:06:00 AM  
Blogger Terrence Berres said...

Peter principle?

Monday, February 13, 2006 12:55:00 PM  
Blogger Terrence Berres said...

I checked my files, and still had a newspaper clipping given me by someone I met at the May 16, 2002 "Listening Session" on the clergy sexual abuse crisis. It was an article about the arrest, several years before, of a priest for lewd and lascivious behavior. My new acquaintance couldn't believe the priest was still serving at that parish. I checked the 2006 Milwaukee Archdiocesan Directory, and the priest is still there. So it looks like you're referring to some other priest.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 5:38:00 PM  
Blogger Mike, the Faithful Catholic said...

Dad: Looking up the names on Wisconsin Circuit Court Access, the one to whom I refer right now is more than five years old. But the fact of it all is still problematic. Forgive, yes; forget, not sure; promote?, no way.

Terrence: Yes, I refer to some "other" priest. Sadly, there is more than one in this predicament.

Mike

Friday, February 17, 2006 7:06:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home